One of the biggest hits off JAY Z‘s latest full-length saw the hip-hop mogul paying tribute to Tom Ford, the designer whose pricey menswear inspired Hova and Justin Timberlake‘s Suit & Tie. (He also designed a teeny-tiny pair of heels for Blue Ivy.) On the record’s official remix, released in honor of his 44th birthday, Shawn Carter is joined on the mic by an unexpected guest: Big Pimpin’ collaborator Pimp C appears on the back, delivering a previously-unreleased verse from the vault. Timbaland and J-Roc‘s co-production, based around a sample from M.I.A.‘s Bad Girls, is retained from the original. Has the addition of the late UGK alum elevated this remix above its prototype? Debate away. If you haven’t already copped it, you can find the album version of Tom Ford on JAY’s Magna Cartna Holy Grail LP, out now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 12/5/13
Submit your Rating
Roc Nation/Universal Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.