One of the biggest hits off JAY Z‘s latest full-length saw the hip-hop mogul paying tribute to Tom Ford, the designer whose pricey menswear inspired Hova and Justin Timberlake‘s Suit & Tie. (He also designed a teeny-tiny pair of heels for Blue Ivy.) On the record’s official remix, released in honor of his 44th birthday, Shawn Carter is joined on the mic by an unexpected guest: Big Pimpin’ collaborator Pimp C appears on the back, delivering a previously-unreleased verse from the vault. Timbaland and J-Roc‘s co-production, based around a sample from M.I.A.‘s Bad Girls, is retained from the original. Has the addition of the late UGK alum elevated this remix above its prototype? Debate away. If you haven’t already copped it, you can find the album version of Tom Ford on JAY’s Magna Cartna Holy Grail LP, out now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 12/5/13
Submit your Rating
Roc Nation/Universal Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.