One of the biggest hits off JAY Z‘s latest full-length saw the hip-hop mogul paying tribute to Tom Ford, the designer whose pricey menswear inspired Hova and Justin Timberlake‘s Suit & Tie. (He also designed a teeny-tiny pair of heels for Blue Ivy.) On the record’s official remix, released in honor of his 44th birthday, Shawn Carter is joined on the mic by an unexpected guest: Big Pimpin’ collaborator Pimp C appears on the back, delivering a previously-unreleased verse from the vault. Timbaland and J-Roc‘s co-production, based around a sample from M.I.A.‘s Bad Girls, is retained from the original. Has the addition of the late UGK alum elevated this remix above its prototype? Debate away. If you haven’t already copped it, you can find the album version of Tom Ford on JAY’s Magna Cartna Holy Grail LP, out now in stores and online.
Roc Nation/Universal Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.