Earlier this morning, without fanfare or warning, Shawn “Jay-Z” Carter unleashed an Open Letter to listeners via his Life+Times site. The primary subject of this royal proclamation, as you may have guessed, is his and Beyoncé‘s recent visit to Cuba, which has caused much indignation among the Fox News crowd. In addition to pointing out the hypocrisy of those who would accuse him of supporting communism while ignoring America’s intimate ties to the People’s Republic of China, Jay speaks on his recent publishing deal with Universal Records and his plans to sell his stake in the Brooklyn Nets franchise. Heavyweight producers Swizz Beatz and Timbaland provide a sparse chopped-sample backdrop for this lyrical broadside. Open Letter is just a loosie but, rest assured, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest from Hov and the rest of the Roc Nation camp.
Written by richard on 04/11/13
Submit your Rating
Roc Nation/Universal Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.