Earlier this morning, without fanfare or warning, Shawn “Jay-Z” Carter unleashed an Open Letter to listeners via his Life+Times site. The primary subject of this royal proclamation, as you may have guessed, is his and Beyoncé‘s recent visit to Cuba, which has caused much indignation among the Fox News crowd. In addition to pointing out the hypocrisy of those who would accuse him of supporting communism while ignoring America’s intimate ties to the People’s Republic of China, Jay speaks on his recent publishing deal with Universal Records and his plans to sell his stake in the Brooklyn Nets franchise. Heavyweight producers Swizz Beatz and Timbaland provide a sparse chopped-sample backdrop for this lyrical broadside. Open Letter is just a loosie but, rest assured, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest from Hov and the rest of the Roc Nation camp.
Written by richard on 04/11/13
Submit your Rating
Roc Nation/Universal Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)