Earlier this morning, without fanfare or warning, Shawn “Jay-Z” Carter unleashed an Open Letter to listeners via his Life+Times site. The primary subject of this royal proclamation, as you may have guessed, is his and Beyoncé‘s recent visit to Cuba, which has caused much indignation among the Fox News crowd. In addition to pointing out the hypocrisy of those who would accuse him of supporting communism while ignoring America’s intimate ties to the People’s Republic of China, Jay speaks on his recent publishing deal with Universal Records and his plans to sell his stake in the Brooklyn Nets franchise. Heavyweight producers Swizz Beatz and Timbaland provide a sparse chopped-sample backdrop for this lyrical broadside. Open Letter is just a loosie but, rest assured, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest from Hov and the rest of the Roc Nation camp.
Roc Nation/Universal Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.