Earlier this morning, without fanfare or warning, Shawn “Jay-Z” Carter unleashed an Open Letter to listeners via his Life+Times site. The primary subject of this royal proclamation, as you may have guessed, is his and Beyoncé‘s recent visit to Cuba, which has caused much indignation among the Fox News crowd. In addition to pointing out the hypocrisy of those who would accuse him of supporting communism while ignoring America’s intimate ties to the People’s Republic of China, Jay speaks on his recent publishing deal with Universal Records and his plans to sell his stake in the Brooklyn Nets franchise. Heavyweight producers Swizz Beatz and Timbaland provide a sparse chopped-sample backdrop for this lyrical broadside. Open Letter is just a loosie but, rest assured, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest from Hov and the rest of the Roc Nation camp.
Written by richard on 04/11/13
Submit your Rating
Roc Nation/Universal Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.