Friday night, many of the biggest names in entertainment gathered to express their solidarity with the Haitian people and raise funds for the relief effort as part of MTV’s Hope for Haiti telethon. One of the most memorable moments of the event, which yielded over $57 million in donations, was the premiere of Stranded (Haiti Mon Amour), a collaborative cut which brought together some of the biggest names in in pop, rock and hip-hop. Over a mournful instrumental by Swizz Beatz (featuring U2’s Edge on guitar), Jay-Z delivers his bittersweet lyrical message, mourning nature’s destructiveness but ultimately affirming that “We’re gonna put this back together, we won’t break.” Pop starlet Rihanna teams up with U2 frontman (and renowned humanitarian) Bono on the bridge and sweeping chorus, promising the disaster-stricken country, “We’re not gonna leave you stranded.” Listeners will be able to download a copy of this poignant track on iTunes this Monday, as well as pre-order the full Help for Haiti album. Also, be sure to check out the Booth’s own Rhymes & Rhythm for Relief mixtape, available for download now!
Roc Nation/Universal Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.