Friday night, many of the biggest names in entertainment gathered to express their solidarity with the Haitian people and raise funds for the relief effort as part of MTV’s Hope for Haiti telethon. One of the most memorable moments of the event, which yielded over $57 million in donations, was the premiere of Stranded (Haiti Mon Amour), a collaborative cut which brought together some of the biggest names in in pop, rock and hip-hop. Over a mournful instrumental by Swizz Beatz (featuring U2’s Edge on guitar), Jay-Z delivers his bittersweet lyrical message, mourning nature’s destructiveness but ultimately affirming that “We’re gonna put this back together, we won’t break.” Pop starlet Rihanna teams up with U2 frontman (and renowned humanitarian) Bono on the bridge and sweeping chorus, promising the disaster-stricken country, “We’re not gonna leave you stranded.” Listeners will be able to download a copy of this poignant track on iTunes this Monday, as well as pre-order the full Help for Haiti album. Also, be sure to check out the Booth’s own Rhymes & Rhythm for Relief mixtape, available for download now!
Written by richard on 01/24/10
Submit your Rating
Roc Nation/Universal Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.