Friday night, many of the biggest names in entertainment gathered to express their solidarity with the Haitian people and raise funds for the relief effort as part of MTV’s Hope for Haiti telethon. One of the most memorable moments of the event, which yielded over $57 million in donations, was the premiere of Stranded (Haiti Mon Amour), a collaborative cut which brought together some of the biggest names in in pop, rock and hip-hop. Over a mournful instrumental by Swizz Beatz (featuring U2’s Edge on guitar), Jay-Z delivers his bittersweet lyrical message, mourning nature’s destructiveness but ultimately affirming that “We’re gonna put this back together, we won’t break.” Pop starlet Rihanna teams up with U2 frontman (and renowned humanitarian) Bono on the bridge and sweeping chorus, promising the disaster-stricken country, “We’re not gonna leave you stranded.” Listeners will be able to download a copy of this poignant track on iTunes this Monday, as well as pre-order the full Help for Haiti album. Also, be sure to check out the Booth’s own Rhymes & Rhythm for Relief mixtape, available for download now!
Written by richard on 01/24/10
Submit your Rating
Roc Nation/Universal Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.