Many men sire children, but not every man takes the time to stand up and show adoration for that child like Jay-Z has just done with his new release Glory, produced by close friend and long-time collaborator Pharrell Williams. Hov takes the time to revel in his joy over the recent birth of he and Beyonce’s first child, daughter Blue Ivy Carter, who is also featured on the track crying and eliciting memories from any parent that was able to witness the birth of their child. Jay reveals in Glory that he prayed for a healthy child following Beyonce’s miscarriage on the couple’s previous pregnancy. Jay is undoubtedly in love with his real gem, a love that transforms the one-time hustler to a man anxious to bestow family history and knowledge upon B.I.C. while giving fatherly encouragement. The birth of any child is a truly joyous event, and any man that is willing to show his sensitive side and put his “hustler” card on the table for a few minutes of love-laced rhymes is something worth embracing instead of lampooning. All respect due to Jay-Z and we wish his family all the glory and happiness in the world.
Written by JC Poppe on 01/9/12
Roc Nation/Universal Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.