Many men sire children, but not every man takes the time to stand up and show adoration for that child like Jay-Z has just done with his new release Glory, produced by close friend and long-time collaborator Pharrell Williams. Hov takes the time to revel in his joy over the recent birth of he and Beyonce’s first child, daughter Blue Ivy Carter, who is also featured on the track crying and eliciting memories from any parent that was able to witness the birth of their child. Jay reveals in Glory that he prayed for a healthy child following Beyonce’s miscarriage on the couple’s previous pregnancy. Jay is undoubtedly in love with his real gem, a love that transforms the one-time hustler to a man anxious to bestow family history and knowledge upon B.I.C. while giving fatherly encouragement. The birth of any child is a truly joyous event, and any man that is willing to show his sensitive side and put his “hustler” card on the table for a few minutes of love-laced rhymes is something worth embracing instead of lampooning. All respect due to Jay-Z and we wish his family all the glory and happiness in the world.
Written by JC Poppe on 01/9/12
Submit your Rating
Roc Nation/Universal Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.