On January 16, Fox Searchlight Pictures will release Notorious, the much-anticipated biopic of the late Christopher “Notorious B.I.G.” Wallace. Three days prior to its nationwide opening, an official motion picture soundtrack will be released (courtesy of Biggie’s label, Bad Boy Records), which will feature the new Jay-Z and Santogold-helmed single, Brooklyn (Go Hard). The record, reportedly also set to be included on Jigga’s forthcoming Blueprint 3 album, finds both Brooklynites explaining what their city has meant to their careers and why nowhere else in the world could compare. Produced by Kanye West, Brooklyn (Go Hard) is assisted by a sample from Santogold’s Shove It and an epically hollow bassline. So, does Hova do his close friend and birthplace justice?
Written by DJ Z on 12/1/08
Submit your Rating
Roc Nation/Universal Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)