On January 16, Fox Searchlight Pictures will release Notorious, the much-anticipated biopic of the late Christopher “Notorious B.I.G.” Wallace. Three days prior to its nationwide opening, an official motion picture soundtrack will be released (courtesy of Biggie’s label, Bad Boy Records), which will feature the new Jay-Z and Santogold-helmed single, Brooklyn (Go Hard). The record, reportedly also set to be included on Jigga’s forthcoming Blueprint 3 album, finds both Brooklynites explaining what their city has meant to their careers and why nowhere else in the world could compare. Produced by Kanye West, Brooklyn (Go Hard) is assisted by a sample from Santogold’s Shove It and an epically hollow bassline. So, does Hova do his close friend and birthplace justice?
Written by DJ Z on 12/1/08
Submit your Rating
Roc Nation/Universal Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.