Auto-Tune abuse is sort of like binging on peach Schnapps—the day will come that the music industry will wake up with a massive, pounding headache, lurch into the bathroom, and emerge twelve hours later swearing up and down, “I am never drinking that again.” Until then, though, bottoms up! Jay-Z, for one, has chosen not to partake in the braincell-obliterating festivities, and on this new street single the rap vet rings in the Death of Autotune with a shout of “Good riddance!”. Premiered last Friday on Funkmaster Flex‘s Hot 97 radio program, this track finds Hova teaming up with No I.D. and
to craft a timely tirade with a timeless sound. The Chi-town greats back Jay’s immortal flow with a guitar-driven beat that becomes unexpectedly poignant with the addition of a heartstring-tugging woodwind sample. For more proof that Jay will be making history long after today’s trends are dead and buried, check out The Blueprint³; dropping on 9/11 (the anniversary of Blueprint‘s release) via Hova’s own Roc Nation label, the LP will be the rapper’s first since buying out his Def Jam contract. Watch for an official radio single featuring Drake to drop in July.
Listen to More: Jay Z
Written by richard on 06/7/09
Roc Nation/Universal Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)