Auto-Tune abuse is sort of like binging on peach Schnapps—the day will come that the music industry will wake up with a massive, pounding headache, lurch into the bathroom, and emerge twelve hours later swearing up and down, “I am never drinking that again.” Until then, though, bottoms up! Jay-Z, for one, has chosen not to partake in the braincell-obliterating festivities, and on this new street single the rap vet rings in the Death of Autotune with a shout of “Good riddance!”. Premiered last Friday on Funkmaster Flex‘s Hot 97 radio program, this track finds Hova teaming up with No I.D. and
to craft a timely tirade with a timeless sound. The Chi-town greats back Jay’s immortal flow with a guitar-driven beat that becomes unexpectedly poignant with the addition of a heartstring-tugging woodwind sample. For more proof that Jay will be making history long after today’s trends are dead and buried, check out The Blueprint³; dropping on 9/11 (the anniversary of Blueprint‘s release) via Hova’s own Roc Nation label, the LP will be the rapper’s first since buying out his Def Jam contract. Watch for an official radio single featuring Drake to drop in July.
Listen to More: Jay Z Written by richard
Roc Nation/Universal Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.