The self-proclaimed “Barack Obama of the hood,” Jay-Z, has officially become the billionth rapper to jump on Lil’ Wayne’s A Milli beat and spit a freestyle. Due to the amount of artists who have already tried their hand at the Bangladesh-produced street record, Hova openly notes that he was late to the party and changes up the title to A Billi. Spitting rapid-fire lines about his friendship with Bill Gates, the parallels between Sean Bell and Shawn Carter, and his newly formed Roc Nation label, the ‘East Coast Carter’ proves that he will always have something to say about that “best rapper alive” title that Wayne has casually thrown around the last few years. On that note, Wayne’s C3 album finally drops tomorrow on Cash Money/Universal Motown.
Written by DJ Z on 06/8/08
Submit your Rating
Roc Nation/Universal Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.