The self-proclaimed “Barack Obama of the hood,” Jay-Z, has officially become the billionth rapper to jump on Lil’ Wayne’s A Milli beat and spit a freestyle. Due to the amount of artists who have already tried their hand at the Bangladesh-produced street record, Hova openly notes that he was late to the party and changes up the title to A Billi. Spitting rapid-fire lines about his friendship with Bill Gates, the parallels between Sean Bell and Shawn Carter, and his newly formed Roc Nation label, the ‘East Coast Carter’ proves that he will always have something to say about that “best rapper alive” title that Wayne has casually thrown around the last few years. On that note, Wayne’s C3 album finally drops tomorrow on Cash Money/Universal Motown.
Listen to More: Jay Z Written by DJ Z
Roc Nation/Universal Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!