The self-proclaimed “Barack Obama of the hood,” Jay-Z, has officially become the billionth rapper to jump on Lil’ Wayne’s A Milli beat and spit a freestyle. Due to the amount of artists who have already tried their hand at the Bangladesh-produced street record, Hova openly notes that he was late to the party and changes up the title to A Billi. Spitting rapid-fire lines about his friendship with Bill Gates, the parallels between Sean Bell and Shawn Carter, and his newly formed Roc Nation label, the ‘East Coast Carter’ proves that he will always have something to say about that “best rapper alive” title that Wayne has casually thrown around the last few years. On that note, Wayne’s C3 album finally drops tomorrow on Cash Money/Universal Motown.
Listen to More: Jay Z
Written by DJ Z on 06/8/08
Roc Nation/Universal Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.