The self-proclaimed “Barack Obama of the hood,” Jay-Z, has officially become the billionth rapper to jump on Lil’ Wayne’s A Milli beat and spit a freestyle. Due to the amount of artists who have already tried their hand at the Bangladesh-produced street record, Hova openly notes that he was late to the party and changes up the title to A Billi. Spitting rapid-fire lines about his friendship with Bill Gates, the parallels between Sean Bell and Shawn Carter, and his newly formed Roc Nation label, the ‘East Coast Carter’ proves that he will always have something to say about that “best rapper alive” title that Wayne has casually thrown around the last few years. On that note, Wayne’s C3 album finally drops tomorrow on Cash Money/Universal Motown.
Listen to More: Jay Z
Written by DJ Z on 06/8/08
Submit your Rating
Roc Nation/Universal Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.