The self-proclaimed “Barack Obama of the hood,” Jay-Z, has officially become the billionth rapper to jump on Lil’ Wayne’s A Milli beat and spit a freestyle. Due to the amount of artists who have already tried their hand at the Bangladesh-produced street record, Hova openly notes that he was late to the party and changes up the title to A Billi. Spitting rapid-fire lines about his friendship with Bill Gates, the parallels between Sean Bell and Shawn Carter, and his newly formed Roc Nation label, the ‘East Coast Carter’ proves that he will always have something to say about that “best rapper alive” title that Wayne has casually thrown around the last few years. On that note, Wayne’s C3 album finally drops tomorrow on Cash Money/Universal Motown.
Written by DJ Z on 06/8/08
Submit your Rating
Roc Nation/Universal Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deja Vu" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.