Jay Yung may hail from Los Angeles but, on his first DJBooth feature, the unsigned rhymesayer takes us on a trip down South. Part of the Booth newcomer’s latest street album, Georgia is a laid-back meditation on the relentless rat race that is the rap hustle. In conversational verses, he contrasts his idealistic outlook on his craft with the cutthroat, “get rich or die trying” attitude that dominates the game. In addition to rocking the mic, Jay produces the cut’s vibrant live-band backdrop in conjunction with Aaron Goldberg, who also steps out from behind the boards to deliver the hook. After a listen to Georgia, are you craving more? You’ll find what you seek on the artist’s Abstract Logic LP, released January 7, and available now for streaming and download via Audiomack.
Written by richard on 01/22/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.