Nearly four years after dropping his last studio album, 2009’s All or Nothing, Cash Money crooner Jay Sean has kicked off promotion for his senior set with the release of an official lead single. As you’ve probably deduced from the title, Where You Are is about the artist’s desire to stay within close proximity of the woman he loves. Producers JRemy and illevn (for Orange Factory Music) provide an crowd-pleasing instrumental to match the time-tested premise, backing Sean’s expressions of romantic longing with a trusty I V vi IV progression on guitar. Does Where You Are have the makings of a hit? As always, I’ll let y’all lay down the final verdict. Those feeling it can purchase their very own copy of the record when it hits iTunes March 19—or, wait till May 21 and pick it up as part of Jay Sean’s Neon LP.
Written by richard on 03/8/13
Submit your Rating
Jayded/Cash Money/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Just A Friend" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.