Nearly four years after dropping his last studio album, 2009’s All or Nothing, Cash Money crooner Jay Sean has kicked off promotion for his senior set with the release of an official lead single. As you’ve probably deduced from the title, Where You Are is about the artist’s desire to stay within close proximity of the woman he loves. Producers JRemy and illevn (for Orange Factory Music) provide an crowd-pleasing instrumental to match the time-tested premise, backing Sean’s expressions of romantic longing with a trusty I V vi IV progression on guitar. Does Where You Are have the makings of a hit? As always, I’ll let y’all lay down the final verdict. Those feeling it can purchase their very own copy of the record when it hits iTunes March 19—or, wait till May 21 and pick it up as part of Jay Sean’s Neon LP.
Written by richard on 03/8/13
Submit your Rating
Jayded/Cash Money/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Just A Friend" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.