The last time we heard from Jay Sean he was doing his best Love in the Club impression on the dance floor throbbing Hit the Lights. Well, apparently the Cash Money crooner has been doing some yoga and drinking plenty of herbal tea because on new record Where Do We Go Sean is as relaxed as he was pumped the last time around. A pure ballad that finds producers J-Remy and Bobbybass subtly layering strings and, eventually, a bass line behind an acoustic guitar melody that will have the ‘80s babies out there reminiscing about Babyface (or is it just me?). With minimal instrumentation like that Jay vocally has no where to hide, but luckily he proves to be more than up to the task, laying down the kind of emotional, plaintive vocals that will have ladies worldwide dreaming that he’s singing to them. Fans enraptured by the softer side of Sean have plenty more to look forward to. His pre-album mixtape, The Mistress, which Where Do We Go calls home, is coming soon and his sophomore album is (vaguely) due out later this year.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/12/11
Submit your Rating
Jayded/Cash Money/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Just A Friend" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.