The last time we heard from Jay Sean he was doing his best Love in the Club impression on the dance floor throbbing Hit the Lights. Well, apparently the Cash Money crooner has been doing some yoga and drinking plenty of herbal tea because on new record Where Do We Go Sean is as relaxed as he was pumped the last time around. A pure ballad that finds producers J-Remy and Bobbybass subtly layering strings and, eventually, a bass line behind an acoustic guitar melody that will have the ‘80s babies out there reminiscing about Babyface (or is it just me?). With minimal instrumentation like that Jay vocally has no where to hide, but luckily he proves to be more than up to the task, laying down the kind of emotional, plaintive vocals that will have ladies worldwide dreaming that he’s singing to them. Fans enraptured by the softer side of Sean have plenty more to look forward to. His pre-album mixtape, The Mistress, which Where Do We Go calls home, is coming soon and his sophomore album is (vaguely) due out later this year.
Jayded/Cash Money/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Just A Friend" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.