As a renowned recording artist and part of the YMCMB stable, Jay Sean is presumably just a phone-call or two away from any illegal substance he could possibly desire. The substance that’s got him So High on his latest feature, however, isn’t a substance at all, but rather a certain woman. The lead single and title track off his new EP, this cut finds the UK singer reeling from the psychoactive effects of Cupid’s arrows: “I can feel my heart start beating out of time / and the room keeps spinning in my mind / There’s a smoke machine inside my eyes / I lost control a long time ago.” Afrojack and OFM provide a surging club-pop instrumental to back the vocalist’s lovelorn verses and soaring chorus. Craving more? If you’re lucky enough to live in Australia, you can cop Sean’s So High EP now, exclusively on iTunes. Otherwise, keep it locked for release details on that project, as well as on long-awaited senior album Worth It All (scheduled to drop in 2013).
Written by richard on 10/15/12
Submit your Rating
Jayded/Cash Money/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Just A Friend" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.