“It’s Like This and Like That and like this and uh!” More than 15 years after the release of Dre and Snoop‘s G-funk classic, I’m still not sure exactly what it was, or what it was being compared to. I guess it just is what it is. By contrast, it’s damned near impossible not to catch Jay Sean‘s drift when he invites a female clubgoer back to his place for a little of this, and a little of that on the latest single off his fourth LP. Somewhat lighter on the sucrose than Minaj-assisted lead selection 2012, this cut finds Orange Factory Music serving up a dancefloor-ready synth instrumental as Sean delivers seductive verses laced with just the right amount of radio-friendly innuendo. Assisting on the guest tip is none other than Jay’s label boss, Birdman; on the back, the Cash Money head honcho jumps on board to briefly explore the philosophical ramifications of Heisenberg’s Uncertainty Principle, as brought to bear on the question of free will. Nah, just kidding, he raps about his bankroll. Does this cut have what it takes to stand alongside Jay Sean’s previous hits? Your call, readers. If you Like This, then I’m guessing you’ll love Freeze Time, due out in the first quarter of 2011.
Written by richard on 10/31/10
Submit your Rating
Jayded/Cash Money/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Just A Friend" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.