“It’s Like This and Like That and like this and uh!” More than 15 years after the release of Dre and Snoop‘s G-funk classic, I’m still not sure exactly what it was, or what it was being compared to. I guess it just is what it is. By contrast, it’s damned near impossible not to catch Jay Sean‘s drift when he invites a female clubgoer back to his place for a little of this, and a little of that on the latest single off his fourth LP. Somewhat lighter on the sucrose than Minaj-assisted lead selection 2012, this cut finds Orange Factory Music serving up a dancefloor-ready synth instrumental as Sean delivers seductive verses laced with just the right amount of radio-friendly innuendo. Assisting on the guest tip is none other than Jay’s label boss, Birdman; on the back, the Cash Money head honcho jumps on board to briefly explore the philosophical ramifications of Heisenberg’s Uncertainty Principle, as brought to bear on the question of free will. Nah, just kidding, he raps about his bankroll. Does this cut have what it takes to stand alongside Jay Sean’s previous hits? Your call, readers. If you Like This, then I’m guessing you’ll love Freeze Time, due out in the first quarter of 2011.
Written by richard on 10/31/10
Submit your Rating
Jayded/Cash Money/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Just A Friend" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.