If I told you that Cash Money crooner Jay Sean was in the market for another hit on the level of his breakthrough smash Down you’d probably take a look at the charts and recommend some kind of dance/pop/r&b jam jam. Great minds think alike. On new single Hit the Lights Jay Sean takes a trip deep inside night club culture, recruiting producers J-Remy & Bobbybass to craft an instantly recognizable combination of pounding bass and high energy synths. Of course if you’re searching for a smash securing a guest verse from Lil Wayne is always a good idea, and sure enough Tunechi stops by for a decent though not particularly memorable verse, but it’s all just foundation for Sean to lay down his lightly delivered vocals. While I can’t say Hit the Lights will be getting much play in El Casa de Nathan S. (unless I install some strobe lights in the crib), I get the feeling it might be just the thing to get the people excited for his upcoming album, Freeze Time, due to be released sometime this year.
Jayded/Cash Money/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Just A Friend" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.