If I told you that Cash Money crooner Jay Sean was in the market for another hit on the level of his breakthrough smash Down you’d probably take a look at the charts and recommend some kind of dance/pop/r&b jam jam. Great minds think alike. On new single Hit the Lights Jay Sean takes a trip deep inside night club culture, recruiting producers J-Remy & Bobbybass to craft an instantly recognizable combination of pounding bass and high energy synths. Of course if you’re searching for a smash securing a guest verse from Lil Wayne is always a good idea, and sure enough Tunechi stops by for a decent though not particularly memorable verse, but it’s all just foundation for Sean to lay down his lightly delivered vocals. While I can’t say Hit the Lights will be getting much play in El Casa de Nathan S. (unless I install some strobe lights in the crib), I get the feeling it might be just the thing to get the people excited for his upcoming album, Freeze Time, due to be released sometime this year.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/2/11
Submit your Rating
Jayded/Cash Money/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Just A Friend" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.