If I told you that Cash Money crooner Jay Sean was in the market for another hit on the level of his breakthrough smash Down you’d probably take a look at the charts and recommend some kind of dance/pop/r&b jam jam. Great minds think alike. On new single Hit the Lights Jay Sean takes a trip deep inside night club culture, recruiting producers J-Remy & Bobbybass to craft an instantly recognizable combination of pounding bass and high energy synths. Of course if you’re searching for a smash securing a guest verse from Lil Wayne is always a good idea, and sure enough Tunechi stops by for a decent though not particularly memorable verse, but it’s all just foundation for Sean to lay down his lightly delivered vocals. While I can’t say Hit the Lights will be getting much play in El Casa de Nathan S. (unless I install some strobe lights in the crib), I get the feeling it might be just the thing to get the people excited for his upcoming album, Freeze Time, due to be released sometime this year.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/2/11
Jayded/Cash Money/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Just A Friend" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)