Likely inspired by the success of Kevin Rudolf‘s winter ‘08-‘09 anthem Let It Rock, Birdman has been hard at work building Cash Money into a multi-genre behemoth. One of this scheme’s key players is Jay Sean; hailing from the London suburb of Southall, he’s already released two successful albums in the UK, and has now set his sights on stateside success. Though some in the US may recognize him from his guest appearance on Birdman‘s Written On Her, newly-released single Down represents his first foray into the American spotlight. Over J Remy & BobbyBass‘s pop-friendly beat, Jay lets his lady know that he’ll be there for her through thick and thin; Lil Wayne steps in to provide moral support on the back end, letting listeners know he’s “down like the economy!” Fans on both sides of the pond are sure to find plenty to love about Sean’s U.S. debut, On My Way, which is set to hit stores sometime late this summer.
Jayded/Cash Money/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Just A Friend" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.