With the lead single off his forthcoming U.S. debut album, Lil Wayne collabo Down, Jay Sean made an impact that won’t be soon forgotten – last week, the record hit number one on Billboard‘s Hot 100. Now, the Jayded/Cash Money/Universal Republic hitmaker is looking to build off that track’s tremendous momentum and make sure he stays at the forefront of the national consciousness with follow-up selection Do You Remember? On the newly-released single, Sean is joined by the ever-hyped Lil’ Jon and dancehall phenom Sean Paul as he attempts to repair a rocky relationship, hoping to rekindle that old spark by reminding his girl of all the great memories they’ve made together. Like Down, this jam has undeniable club/radio appeal – thanks in large part to J Remy & BobbyBass’ upbeat, string-led instrumental, which sounds… a lot like their boardwork on Down. DYR? may not be a drastic departure from its predecessor, but Sean’s recipe for number-one success yields an equally appetizing result the second time around. Fans can find more ear-pleasing R&B/club cuts on All or Nothing, set to hit stores everywhere Nov. 24.
Written by richard on 10/11/09
Jayded/Cash Money/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Just A Friend" (2008)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.