With the lead single off his forthcoming U.S. debut album, Lil Wayne collabo Down, Jay Sean made an impact that won’t be soon forgotten – last week, the record hit number one on Billboard‘s Hot 100. Now, the Jayded/Cash Money/Universal Republic hitmaker is looking to build off that track’s tremendous momentum and make sure he stays at the forefront of the national consciousness with follow-up selection Do You Remember? On the newly-released single, Sean is joined by the ever-hyped Lil’ Jon and dancehall phenom Sean Paul as he attempts to repair a rocky relationship, hoping to rekindle that old spark by reminding his girl of all the great memories they’ve made together. Like Down, this jam has undeniable club/radio appeal – thanks in large part to J Remy & BobbyBass’ upbeat, string-led instrumental, which sounds… a lot like their boardwork on Down. DYR? may not be a drastic departure from its predecessor, but Sean’s recipe for number-one success yields an equally appetizing result the second time around. Fans can find more ear-pleasing R&B/club cuts on All or Nothing, set to hit stores everywhere Nov. 24.
Written by richard on 10/11/09
Submit your Rating
Jayded/Cash Money/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Just A Friend" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)