With the lead single off his forthcoming U.S. debut album, Lil Wayne collabo Down, Jay Sean made an impact that won’t be soon forgotten – last week, the record hit number one on Billboard‘s Hot 100. Now, the Jayded/Cash Money/Universal Republic hitmaker is looking to build off that track’s tremendous momentum and make sure he stays at the forefront of the national consciousness with follow-up selection Do You Remember? On the newly-released single, Sean is joined by the ever-hyped Lil’ Jon and dancehall phenom Sean Paul as he attempts to repair a rocky relationship, hoping to rekindle that old spark by reminding his girl of all the great memories they’ve made together. Like Down, this jam has undeniable club/radio appeal – thanks in large part to J Remy & BobbyBass’ upbeat, string-led instrumental, which sounds… a lot like their boardwork on Down. DYR? may not be a drastic departure from its predecessor, but Sean’s recipe for number-one success yields an equally appetizing result the second time around. Fans can find more ear-pleasing R&B/club cuts on All or Nothing, set to hit stores everywhere Nov. 24.
Written by richard on 10/11/09
Submit your Rating
Jayded/Cash Money/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Just A Friend" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.