With the lead single off his forthcoming U.S. debut album, Lil Wayne collabo Down, Jay Sean made an impact that won’t be soon forgotten – last week, the record hit number one on Billboard‘s Hot 100. Now, the Jayded/Cash Money/Universal Republic hitmaker is looking to build off that track’s tremendous momentum and make sure he stays at the forefront of the national consciousness with follow-up selection Do You Remember? On the newly-released single, Sean is joined by the ever-hyped Lil’ Jon and dancehall phenom Sean Paul as he attempts to repair a rocky relationship, hoping to rekindle that old spark by reminding his girl of all the great memories they’ve made together. Like Down, this jam has undeniable club/radio appeal – thanks in large part to J Remy & BobbyBass’ upbeat, string-led instrumental, which sounds… a lot like their boardwork on Down. DYR? may not be a drastic departure from its predecessor, but Sean’s recipe for number-one success yields an equally appetizing result the second time around. Fans can find more ear-pleasing R&B/club cuts on All or Nothing, set to hit stores everywhere Nov. 24.
Written by richard on 10/11/09
Submit your Rating
Jayded/Cash Money/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Just A Friend" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.