With artists rushing to cash in on the 2012 doomsday prophecy, I feel the need to emphasize for our more superstitious, less detail-oriented readers that the apocalypse is scheduled for December 12, 2012. Which means that, if you actually do as pop hitmaker Jay Sean suggests in his latest effort and “party like it’s the end of the world” on New Year’s you’ll still have to contend with the resulting hangovers, injuries, abject poverty, and/or STDs for a good long minute before the apocalypse rolls around. (Not that the singer himself is a believer. As his people requested we emphasize, he follows up the aforementioned line with,“It ain’t the end of the world.”). Originally featured back in summer of 2012, the single has received a(n even more) club-ready makeover courtesy of Orange Factory Music and Jump Smokers. Over the beat crew’s scorching synths and four-on-the-floor percussion, Jay Sean and fellow CMYM affiliate Nicki Minaj‘s bars sound just as fresh and electrifying as they did over a year ago (minus the latter’s “Free Weezy” line). So, readers, will this cut be going on your New Year’s playlist? Debate away—and stay tuned for further tunes from all involved in the coming year.
Jayded/Cash Money/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Just A Friend" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.