With artists rushing to cash in on the 2012 doomsday prophecy, I feel the need to emphasize for our more superstitious, less detail-oriented readers that the apocalypse is scheduled for December 12, 2012. Which means that, if you actually do as pop hitmaker Jay Sean suggests in his latest effort and “party like it’s the end of the world” on New Year’s you’ll still have to contend with the resulting hangovers, injuries, abject poverty, and/or STDs for a good long minute before the apocalypse rolls around. (Not that the singer himself is a believer. As his people requested we emphasize, he follows up the aforementioned line with,“It ain’t the end of the world.”). Originally featured back in summer of 2012, the single has received a(n even more) club-ready makeover courtesy of Orange Factory Music and Jump Smokers. Over the beat crew’s scorching synths and four-on-the-floor percussion, Jay Sean and fellow CMYM affiliate Nicki Minaj‘s bars sound just as fresh and electrifying as they did over a year ago (minus the latter’s “Free Weezy” line). So, readers, will this cut be going on your New Year’s playlist? Debate away—and stay tuned for further tunes from all involved in the coming year.
Written by richard on 12/19/11
Submit your Rating
Jayded/Cash Money/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Just A Friend" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)