In the ever-moving music industry, there is always a steady stream of new talent that is ready and waiting to be discovered. It’s great for your friends here at The DJBooth, but if you are an artist you essentially have to release quality material at a pretty quick clip or you risk getting lost in the hyper-shuffle. Presenting an alternative theory is unsigned singer Jay Saint. Although his last feature on our digital pages was just a little less than two years ago, Saint proves that no matter how long he stays away, great talent doesn’t Fade. On his latest single the Jersey native’s fiery, heartfelt vocals show no rust. Atop the clouded, shimmering work of German producer Roman Bender, Saint croons a tale about a relationship that looks to be on it’s last legs. What separates Fade from the standard affair break-up cut, however, is the passion and emotion in Saint’s voice; you actually believe he is going through this emotional turmoil, which makes listeners invested in the outcome. Luckily, we won’t have to wait another two years, as Jay’s DragonFLY tape is due out in the fall.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/12/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.