While Kendrick Lamar enjoys his status as hip-hop’s current favorite Californian newcomer, it can be easy to forget about the rest of the TDE collective. It’s a good thing for Jay Rock that there’s more than enough sunshine to go around on the left coast - as he shows on the feel-good single-worthy, Westside. Produced by radio-friendly instrumentalists Tha Bizness, you can almost feel the rays of sun beaming through your computer screen as the triumphant instrumental takes form. It’s a bright enough backdrop to make even the always hard-rhyming Rock sound, dare I say it, warm and inviting, at least when it comes to fine females. And with a feature from the suddenly unstoppable Chris Brown on the hook, this is definitely a track to ride to (with your windows rolled all the way down, of course). Delay after delay, Jay Rock’s full-length album Follow Me Home is finally set to drop this Tuesday, July 26 on Tech N9ne’s label, Strange Music. I have a feeling this Westcoaster will have a few more people following him after this project.
Written by Jon Garcia on 07/24/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lift Me Up" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.