While Kendrick Lamar enjoys his status as hip-hop’s current favorite Californian newcomer, it can be easy to forget about the rest of the TDE collective. It’s a good thing for Jay Rock that there’s more than enough sunshine to go around on the left coast - as he shows on the feel-good single-worthy, Westside. Produced by radio-friendly instrumentalists Tha Bizness, you can almost feel the rays of sun beaming through your computer screen as the triumphant instrumental takes form. It’s a bright enough backdrop to make even the always hard-rhyming Rock sound, dare I say it, warm and inviting, at least when it comes to fine females. And with a feature from the suddenly unstoppable Chris Brown on the hook, this is definitely a track to ride to (with your windows rolled all the way down, of course). Delay after delay, Jay Rock’s full-length album Follow Me Home is finally set to drop this Tuesday, July 26 on Tech N9ne’s label, Strange Music. I have a feeling this Westcoaster will have a few more people following him after this project.
Written by Jon Garcia on 07/24/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lift Me Up" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.