Jay Rock has been making noise on the mixtape scene for a while, but now with major label backing from Warner Bros. he hopes to make his mark on the hip-hop world. The first thing you notice about Jay Rock on the single, Lift Me Up, is his distinctive voice; a cross between the late Notorious B.I.G. and the currently incarcerated, Shyne. Jay’s lyrical ability is undeniable, and the keyboards from producer 4th Quarter are a nice touch. It should be exciting to see what the future holds for the west coast MC as he continues his rise up.
Listen to More: Jay Rock
Written by Chris on 03/7/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"West Really ft. The Game & Jay Rock" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.