Jay Rock has been making noise on the mixtape scene for a while, but now with major label backing from Warner Bros. he hopes to make his mark on the hip-hop world. The first thing you notice about Jay Rock on the single, Lift Me Up, is his distinctive voice; a cross between the late Notorious B.I.G. and the currently incarcerated, Shyne. Jay’s lyrical ability is undeniable, and the keyboards from producer 4th Quarter are a nice touch. It should be exciting to see what the future holds for the west coast MC as he continues his rise up.
Written by Chris on 03/7/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"West Really ft. The Game & Jay Rock" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)