Featured in late June, the original version of Hood Gone Love It did indeed earn Jay Rock plenty of love from heads in the DJBooth neighborhood. Well, prepare to fall in love once again; the cut’s official remix finds Rock recruiting heavyweight guests Rick Ross and Birdman (replacing original collaborator Kendrick Lamar) to lace J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League‘s slow-rolling boardwork with a triple-helping of dope street lyricism. Need more Jay Rock in your life? Then be sure to cop his latest full-length, Follow Me Home, when it hits stores and online retailers July 26.
Written by richard on 07/18/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lift Me Up" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.