Featured in late June, the original version of Hood Gone Love It did indeed earn Jay Rock plenty of love from heads in the DJBooth neighborhood. Well, prepare to fall in love once again; the cut’s official remix finds Rock recruiting heavyweight guests Rick Ross and Birdman (replacing original collaborator Kendrick Lamar) to lace J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League‘s slow-rolling boardwork with a triple-helping of dope street lyricism. Need more Jay Rock in your life? Then be sure to cop his latest full-length, Follow Me Home, when it hits stores and online retailers July 26.
Written by richard on 07/18/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lift Me Up" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.