Featured in late June, the original version of Hood Gone Love It did indeed earn Jay Rock plenty of love from heads in the DJBooth neighborhood. Well, prepare to fall in love once again; the cut’s official remix finds Rock recruiting heavyweight guests Rick Ross and Birdman (replacing original collaborator Kendrick Lamar) to lace J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League‘s slow-rolling boardwork with a triple-helping of dope street lyricism. Need more Jay Rock in your life? Then be sure to cop his latest full-length, Follow Me Home, when it hits stores and online retailers July 26.
Written by richard on 07/18/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lift Me Up" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.