Featured in late June, the original version of Hood Gone Love It did indeed earn Jay Rock plenty of love from heads in the DJBooth neighborhood. Well, prepare to fall in love once again; the cut’s official remix finds Rock recruiting heavyweight guests Rick Ross and Birdman (replacing original collaborator Kendrick Lamar) to lace J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League‘s slow-rolling boardwork with a triple-helping of dope street lyricism. Need more Jay Rock in your life? Then be sure to cop his latest full-length, Follow Me Home, when it hits stores and online retailers July 26.
Written by richard on 07/18/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lift Me Up" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.