When you’re signed to a major label and your album’s in development hell, you can bet that, on top of it all, the project will be plagued by leaks (just ask Lil Wayne, Keri Hilson, and Rico Love). Such has been the case for Jay Rock, whose debut album, Follow Me Now, has yet to receive a release date from the Warner Bros. brass. In response to the leak of June Summers collabo Day One Girl, the Inglewood native recently released the track’s official version to the ‘net. This cut’s overall vibe can be compared to that of Rocky Fontaine‘s Love Me Baby—with an upbeat, high-energy instrumental and a catchy, title-referencing hook by BJ the Chicago Kid, it has all the makings of a late-summer hit. Day One Girl will undoubtedly get fans hyped for the previously-unreleased material Jay will unveil in the course of his forthcoming 30-day, 30-track series (beginning next Wednesday)—we can only hope it also catches the attention of the label execs.
Written by Burmy on 08/3/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lift Me Up" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.