When you’re signed to a major label and your album’s in development hell, you can bet that, on top of it all, the project will be plagued by leaks (just ask Lil Wayne, Keri Hilson, and Rico Love). Such has been the case for Jay Rock, whose debut album, Follow Me Now, has yet to receive a release date from the Warner Bros. brass. In response to the leak of June Summers collabo Day One Girl, the Inglewood native recently released the track’s official version to the ‘net. This cut’s overall vibe can be compared to that of Rocky Fontaine‘s Love Me Baby—with an upbeat, high-energy instrumental and a catchy, title-referencing hook by BJ the Chicago Kid, it has all the makings of a late-summer hit. Day One Girl will undoubtedly get fans hyped for the previously-unreleased material Jay will unveil in the course of his forthcoming 30-day, 30-track series (beginning next Wednesday)—we can only hope it also catches the attention of the label execs.
Written by Burmy on 08/3/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lift Me Up" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.