In his home city of Watts, up-and-coming rapper Jay Rock was shot during a street dispute. Left for dead, but emerging alive and awake in a hospital bed, Jay reflects on his life, culminating in his discovery that the shooter was someone he considered family. Three months and loads of strenuous rehabilitation later, Jay Rock is right back at the scene of the incident, out to get some much-desired revenge. Giving the track somewhat of a film noir effect, Tyrese (also a Watts-born musician) croons a bluesy hook over producer E.P.‘s jazzy beat, all in hopes of affirming that the streets Respect Me. Those who appreciate tales from the hood and vivid storytelling should be in for a treat, Rock’s debut album Follow Me Home is tentatively set to drop this fall.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lift Me Up" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!