Imagine growing up in an environment where everyone around you expects you to fail. Imagine making it to your 21st birthday, only to realize all your best friends are either behind bars or six feet deep. If you grew up in Watts, California, like rapper Jay Rock, the gang and drug infested streets are not imaginary, they are real. Knowing he has come from so far to get to where he is today, Jay Rock’s not about to keep it to himself, “Where I come from man, I’m gonna keep it real: I’m the first young cat outta my projects, to get signed to a major label.” On his new official single, All My Life, Rock hooks up with some cross country friends, Lil’ Wayne and producers Cool & Dre to jointly bring light to a harsh reality.
Written by DJ Z on 02/6/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lift Me Up" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.