An unsigned buzzmaker hailing from across the pond, Jay Prince introduces himself to listeners in the Booth by way of Polaroids, single numero uno off his next EP. On this slow-rolling jam, the artist showcases his skills on both sides of the mixing boards, creating a mellow synth-percussion backdrop for his own fast-paced, conversational commentary on the hustle. R&B singer Raheaven turns up the heat on the guest tip, providing wordless backing vocals throughout the cut before taking center stage on the outro. Jay Prince’s forthcoming EP has yet to receive either a title or a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the set as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 08/13/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.