An unsigned buzzmaker hailing from across the pond, Jay Prince introduces himself to listeners in the Booth by way of Polaroids, single numero uno off his next EP. On this slow-rolling jam, the artist showcases his skills on both sides of the mixing boards, creating a mellow synth-percussion backdrop for his own fast-paced, conversational commentary on the hustle. R&B singer Raheaven turns up the heat on the guest tip, providing wordless backing vocals throughout the cut before taking center stage on the outro. Jay Prince’s forthcoming EP has yet to receive either a title or a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the set as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 08/13/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.