I don’t know when Booth newcomer Jay of Thrones selected his stage name but, either way, I couldn’t help but compare him to (one of my favorite television programs) Game of Thrones. He’s ruthless like King Joffrey and tenacious like Arya. With respect to the authentic, noble, and intelligent content of his bars, he is also much like Rob Stark. Or he could just be a dragon, because he spits straight fire. Jay displays all of these qualities on his latest effort, The Last Laugh. While Kelly Portis’ boardwork has an elegant vibe, Jay goes in a grimier direction on the mic, exhibiting a gritty flow and fiery energy sure to captivate listeners in the Booth and beyond. Booth fave emcee Soul Khan showcases his more subdued, but equally heavy-handed flow in a fresh guest verse. The Last Laugh can be found on Jay’s F.L.I.G.H.T. EP, available now for free download.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/15/13
Submit your Rating
Music U Love Ent.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.