After enjoying last week’s Better in Tune With the Infinite, I had silently resigned myself to another year or two without new music from from Jay Electronica. Now, though, it seems that the famously reclusive emcee may be turning over a new leaf. Not only has the New Orleans repper returned for his second feature in as many weeks, but he begins his verse with a mea culpa to his loyal listeners: “Apologies go out to all of my fans ‘cause they waited so patiently.” But what’s really got the blogosphere buzzing about this freestyle over Drake‘s We Made It (itself a freestyle over Soulja Boy‘s PurpDogg-produced single of the same name) is the guest 16 from that other rapper named Jay. On the back, Elec’s Roc Nation boss fires back at Aubrey Graham, who recently criticized him for his constant allusions to fine art: “Sorry Mrs. Drizzy for so much art talk / Silly me rappin’ ‘bout shit that I really bought.” This joint is unattached to any larger project, but the ongoing flow of fresh tunes can only bode well for the headliner’s long-awaited (and still unscheduled) debut set, Act II: Patents of Nobility (the Turn).
Written by richard on 03/24/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Exhibit A (Transformations)" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.