When there are two full moons in one month it is called a “Blue Moon,” so it seems like we should have a term for the far rarer occasion when Jay Electronica drops ONE record in a month. The mysterious emcee sneaks in and occasionally drops off records, but then seems to always vanish into the mist. However, that mysteriousness hasn’t stunted the growth of a fan base that continues to accumulate higher than your grandpa’s cholesterol level. Thankfully a new Jay offering, The Ghost of Christopher Wallace, had found the light of day. Produced by Quincey Tones, recently heard on creating Royce Da 5’9”s Dinner Time beat, Christopher Wallace features Jay handling the verses with his usual skill, while Diddy comes in and delivers a quasi-hook that fits right in place, and then launches into an extended monologue. Sorry Electronica lovers, Ghost is solely a promo single and won’t be on any upcoming album, but I’m sure that won’t dissuade the Booth from delving into an extended discussion of the track’s merits. So go ahead, give us your opinion below.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Exhibit A (Transformations)" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.