When there are two full moons in one month it is called a “Blue Moon,” so it seems like we should have a term for the far rarer occasion when Jay Electronica drops ONE record in a month. The mysterious emcee sneaks in and occasionally drops off records, but then seems to always vanish into the mist. However, that mysteriousness hasn’t stunted the growth of a fan base that continues to accumulate higher than your grandpa’s cholesterol level. Thankfully a new Jay offering, The Ghost of Christopher Wallace, had found the light of day. Produced by Quincey Tones, recently heard on creating Royce Da 5’9”s Dinner Time beat, Christopher Wallace features Jay handling the verses with his usual skill, while Diddy comes in and delivers a quasi-hook that fits right in place, and then launches into an extended monologue. Sorry Electronica lovers, Ghost is solely a promo single and won’t be on any upcoming album, but I’m sure that won’t dissuade the Booth from delving into an extended discussion of the track’s merits. So go ahead, give us your opinion below.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 05/2/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Exhibit A (Transformations)" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.