When there are two full moons in one month it is called a “Blue Moon,” so it seems like we should have a term for the far rarer occasion when Jay Electronica drops ONE record in a month. The mysterious emcee sneaks in and occasionally drops off records, but then seems to always vanish into the mist. However, that mysteriousness hasn’t stunted the growth of a fan base that continues to accumulate higher than your grandpa’s cholesterol level. Thankfully a new Jay offering, The Ghost of Christopher Wallace, had found the light of day. Produced by Quincey Tones, recently heard on creating Royce Da 5’9”s Dinner Time beat, Christopher Wallace features Jay handling the verses with his usual skill, while Diddy comes in and delivers a quasi-hook that fits right in place, and then launches into an extended monologue. Sorry Electronica lovers, Ghost is solely a promo single and won’t be on any upcoming album, but I’m sure that won’t dissuade the Booth from delving into an extended discussion of the track’s merits. So go ahead, give us your opinion below.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 05/2/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Exhibit A (Transformations)" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.