When there are two full moons in one month it is called a “Blue Moon,” so it seems like we should have a term for the far rarer occasion when Jay Electronica drops ONE record in a month. The mysterious emcee sneaks in and occasionally drops off records, but then seems to always vanish into the mist. However, that mysteriousness hasn’t stunted the growth of a fan base that continues to accumulate higher than your grandpa’s cholesterol level. Thankfully a new Jay offering, The Ghost of Christopher Wallace, had found the light of day. Produced by Quincey Tones, recently heard on creating Royce Da 5’9”s Dinner Time beat, Christopher Wallace features Jay handling the verses with his usual skill, while Diddy comes in and delivers a quasi-hook that fits right in place, and then launches into an extended monologue. Sorry Electronica lovers, Ghost is solely a promo single and won’t be on any upcoming album, but I’m sure that won’t dissuade the Booth from delving into an extended discussion of the track’s merits. So go ahead, give us your opinion below.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 05/2/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Exhibit A (Transformations)" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.