When there are two full moons in one month it is called a “Blue Moon,” so it seems like we should have a term for the far rarer occasion when Jay Electronica drops ONE record in a month. The mysterious emcee sneaks in and occasionally drops off records, but then seems to always vanish into the mist. However, that mysteriousness hasn’t stunted the growth of a fan base that continues to accumulate higher than your grandpa’s cholesterol level. Thankfully a new Jay offering, The Ghost of Christopher Wallace, had found the light of day. Produced by Quincey Tones, recently heard on creating Royce Da 5’9”s Dinner Time beat, Christopher Wallace features Jay handling the verses with his usual skill, while Diddy comes in and delivers a quasi-hook that fits right in place, and then launches into an extended monologue. Sorry Electronica lovers, Ghost is solely a promo single and won’t be on any upcoming album, but I’m sure that won’t dissuade the Booth from delving into an extended discussion of the track’s merits. So go ahead, give us your opinion below.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 05/2/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Exhibit A (Transformations)" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)