I know what you Booth-heads are thinking; it’s about time you featured something from Jay Electronica! Signed to his “spiritual partner,” Erykah Badu‘s Control FreaQ Records, the New Orleans native has built himself quite an underground buzz. Off the brand new Guitar Center’s Fresh Cuts v.3, Electronica adapts a Nas-like tone and flow, reminding those who enjoy feeling superior to others that “you can find the Christ where the lepers and the lames at.” Just Blaze does his part on the beat, mixing piano keys, rainfall sounds, two audio clips from the film Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, and the intro to an A&E Biography of Ernest Hemingway to create a never-before-heard sonic mélange. If you’re glad we’ve finally featured Jay, watch for more of his work to show up in the Booth over the coming weeks.
Written by Burmy on 11/4/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Exhibit C" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.