I know what you Booth-heads are thinking; it’s about time you featured something from Jay Electronica! Signed to his “spiritual partner,” Erykah Badu‘s Control FreaQ Records, the New Orleans native has built himself quite an underground buzz. Off the brand new Guitar Center’s Fresh Cuts v.3, Electronica adapts a Nas-like tone and flow, reminding those who enjoy feeling superior to others that “you can find the Christ where the lepers and the lames at.” Just Blaze does his part on the beat, mixing piano keys, rainfall sounds, two audio clips from the film Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, and the intro to an A&E Biography of Ernest Hemingway to create a never-before-heard sonic mélange. If you’re glad we’ve finally featured Jay, watch for more of his work to show up in the Booth over the coming weeks.
Listen to More: Jay Electronica
Written by Burmy on 11/4/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Exhibit C" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.