I know what you Booth-heads are thinking; it’s about time you featured something from Jay Electronica! Signed to his “spiritual partner,” Erykah Badu‘s Control FreaQ Records, the New Orleans native has built himself quite an underground buzz. Off the brand new Guitar Center’s Fresh Cuts v.3, Electronica adapts a Nas-like tone and flow, reminding those who enjoy feeling superior to others that “you can find the Christ where the lepers and the lames at.” Just Blaze does his part on the beat, mixing piano keys, rainfall sounds, two audio clips from the film Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, and the intro to an A&E Biography of Ernest Hemingway to create a never-before-heard sonic mélange. If you’re glad we’ve finally featured Jay, watch for more of his work to show up in the Booth over the coming weeks.
Written by Burmy on 11/4/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Exhibit C" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)