Fun fact: Jay Daniels‘s new single, Think About It, was mastered by Booth-acclaimed producer Sean Divine. Sure, Sean makes sure it is polished, but Daniels is the real star on this powerful jam; he makes Sean’s job easy. Before the Australian emcee steps to the mic, Epistra establishes a striking, powerful atmosphere behind the boards, crafting an ambient instrumental which incorporates a variety of drums and effects. The beat’s emotional vibe is perfect for the vivid, painful story Daniels shares in his tenaciously-flowed verses. Seriously, just listen to the story. Talking about it doesn’t do it justice; you’ve just gotta hear it. Think About It is set to appear on the artist’s Silvers LP, scheduled for a U.S. release this summer.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/24/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.