Is Booth newcomer Jay Cue a rapper, an R&B singer/songwriter or a beatsmith? To quote the name of the up-and-comer’s musical collective, Nobody Really Knows, but the breadth of his talents is undeniably impressive. On new single GPS, an exclusive world premiere, the Potholes Music signee offers us a taste of his diverse skilset and creative style. Over his own atmospheric, off-kilter electronic grooves, the artist senrenades a lucky woman, offering to take her to an exotic destination of her choosing. Not wanting to reveal everything on a single cut, he refrains from delivering rapped bars, instead enlisting NRK affiliate Pyramid Vritra (aka Hal Williams of Odd Future‘s Jet Age of Tomorrow) to spit a deadpan, yet agile closing 16. This joint will be part of Jay’s Visions of Utopia LP, pre-orderable now via Bandcamp. The DJBooth will be hosting an exclusive stream of the set prior to its independent retail release on Tuesday, August 6.
Written by richard on 07/25/13
To celebrate the release of his Potholes Music debut album Visions of Utopia, San Mateo rapper, singer/songwriter and producer Jay Cue is offering the project up for free, exclusive streaming via The DJBooth. The album packs...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.