Is Booth newcomer Jay Cue a rapper, an R&B singer/songwriter or a beatsmith? To quote the name of the up-and-comer’s musical collective, Nobody Really Knows, but the breadth of his talents is undeniably impressive. On new single GPS, an exclusive world premiere, the Potholes Music signee offers us a taste of his diverse skilset and creative style. Over his own atmospheric, off-kilter electronic grooves, the artist senrenades a lucky woman, offering to take her to an exotic destination of her choosing. Not wanting to reveal everything on a single cut, he refrains from delivering rapped bars, instead enlisting NRK affiliate Pyramid Vritra (aka Hal Williams of Odd Future‘s Jet Age of Tomorrow) to spit a deadpan, yet agile closing 16. This joint will be part of Jay’s Visions of Utopia LP, pre-orderable now via Bandcamp. The DJBooth will be hosting an exclusive stream of the set prior to its independent retail release on Tuesday, August 6.
Written by richard on 07/25/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.