Is Booth newcomer Jay Cue a rapper, an R&B singer/songwriter or a beatsmith? To quote the name of the up-and-comer’s musical collective, Nobody Really Knows, but the breadth of his talents is undeniably impressive. On new single GPS, an exclusive world premiere, the Potholes Music signee offers us a taste of his diverse skilset and creative style. Over his own atmospheric, off-kilter electronic grooves, the artist senrenades a lucky woman, offering to take her to an exotic destination of her choosing. Not wanting to reveal everything on a single cut, he refrains from delivering rapped bars, instead enlisting NRK affiliate Pyramid Vritra (aka Hal Williams of Odd Future‘s Jet Age of Tomorrow) to spit a deadpan, yet agile closing 16. This joint will be part of Jay’s Visions of Utopia LP, pre-orderable now via Bandcamp. The DJBooth will be hosting an exclusive stream of the set prior to its independent retail release on Tuesday, August 6.
Written by richard on 07/25/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.