Is Booth newcomer Jay Cue a rapper, an R&B singer/songwriter or a beatsmith? To quote the name of the up-and-comer’s musical collective, Nobody Really Knows, but the breadth of his talents is undeniably impressive. On new single GPS, an exclusive world premiere, the Potholes Music signee offers us a taste of his diverse skilset and creative style. Over his own atmospheric, off-kilter electronic grooves, the artist senrenades a lucky woman, offering to take her to an exotic destination of her choosing. Not wanting to reveal everything on a single cut, he refrains from delivering rapped bars, instead enlisting NRK affiliate Pyramid Vritra (aka Hal Williams of Odd Future‘s Jet Age of Tomorrow) to spit a deadpan, yet agile closing 16. This joint will be part of Jay’s Visions of Utopia LP, pre-orderable now via Bandcamp. The DJBooth will be hosting an exclusive stream of the set prior to its independent retail release on Tuesday, August 6.
Written by richard on 07/25/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.