Jay Beretta‘s come a long way from his humble beginnings, but that doesn’t mean he looks at his childhood and adolescence in a negative light. On the contrary, those eras of his life are full of Sweet Memories. Here, longtime collaborator Jerry Parker‘s soulful sample work accompanies the Motown emcee as he lets his mind wander, sharing rose-tinted recollections of Saturday mornings with his parents, “chicken pitas from the Nicky’s” and “great sex with women that hate texts.” Beretta’s Rawthentic LP has yet to receive a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the set as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 07/23/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.