Jay Beretta‘s come a long way from his humble beginnings, but that doesn’t mean he looks at his childhood and adolescence in a negative light. On the contrary, those eras of his life are full of Sweet Memories. Here, longtime collaborator Jerry Parker‘s soulful sample work accompanies the Motown emcee as he lets his mind wander, sharing rose-tinted recollections of Saturday mornings with his parents, “chicken pitas from the Nicky’s” and “great sex with women that hate texts.” Beretta’s Rawthentic LP has yet to receive a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the set as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 07/23/14
Submit your Rating
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.