Jay Beretta‘s come a long way from his humble beginnings, but that doesn’t mean he looks at his childhood and adolescence in a negative light. On the contrary, those eras of his life are full of Sweet Memories. Here, longtime collaborator Jerry Parker‘s soulful sample work accompanies the Motown emcee as he lets his mind wander, sharing rose-tinted recollections of Saturday mornings with his parents, “chicken pitas from the Nicky’s” and “great sex with women that hate texts.” Beretta’s Rawthentic LP has yet to receive a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the set as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 07/23/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.