When it comes to music, I like my tracks like most women like their intimate encounters: I don’t want a two minute song, and if I do come across one, it better be pretty damn good. With that in mind, Jay Beretta’s new single, The Setup, is here to make sure I don’t have to choose, leaving my ears satisfied with over five minutes of good music from beginning to end. This time around the Detroit native joins forces with Masspike Miles to spit his creative flow on the subject of grinding to success: “Ain’t no alarm clock/ cause I don’t ever snooze/ I reach my arms out/ and probably grab the moon.” The head-nodding, echoing production, supplied by Write Time, shines on the track, complimenting both Beretta’s high-caliber bars and Miles’ hypnotic hook. If you liked this track, be sure to check out Jay Beretta’s A Rough Road 2 the Stars project, dropping in March and guaranteed to please.
Written by Sigurd on 01/18/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.