When it comes to music, I like my tracks like most women like their intimate encounters: I don’t want a two minute song, and if I do come across one, it better be pretty damn good. With that in mind, Jay Beretta’s new single, The Setup, is here to make sure I don’t have to choose, leaving my ears satisfied with over five minutes of good music from beginning to end. This time around the Detroit native joins forces with Masspike Miles to spit his creative flow on the subject of grinding to success: “Ain’t no alarm clock/ cause I don’t ever snooze/ I reach my arms out/ and probably grab the moon.” The head-nodding, echoing production, supplied by Write Time, shines on the track, complimenting both Beretta’s high-caliber bars and Miles’ hypnotic hook. If you liked this track, be sure to check out Jay Beretta’s A Rough Road 2 the Stars project, dropping in March and guaranteed to please.
Written by Sigurd on 01/18/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.