Booth newcomer Jay Beretta‘s stage name is no accident; according to his MySpace bio, the Motown rapper prides himself on the same qualities that the Italian firearm manufacturer has come to represent: precision and reliability. On new mixtape single I’m Ready, making its world premiere right here in the Booth, the up-and-comer proves his mettle as a lyrical sharpshooter, peppering Best I Ever Had beatsmith Boi-1da.‘s sweeping, string-driven instrumental with nonchalant boasts: “The only thing I lack is a flaw, and the heart to tell a sexy one off/ I’m here to send their little raps to the morgue, and I’m about to raise under the floor…” Tied together with an anthemic chorus by Tynisha Keli, the singer who brought us Defeated way back in December ‘07, this ambitious jam is proof positive that this up-and-comer’s locked, loaded, and ready to get his shine. If you like what you’re hearing, keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest news and tunes leading up to the early 2010 release of Jay’s new mixtape, Countdown to Takeoff.
Written by richard on 11/24/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.