Booth newcomer Jay Beretta‘s stage name is no accident; according to his MySpace bio, the Motown rapper prides himself on the same qualities that the Italian firearm manufacturer has come to represent: precision and reliability. On new mixtape single I’m Ready, making its world premiere right here in the Booth, the up-and-comer proves his mettle as a lyrical sharpshooter, peppering Best I Ever Had beatsmith Boi-1da.‘s sweeping, string-driven instrumental with nonchalant boasts: “The only thing I lack is a flaw, and the heart to tell a sexy one off/ I’m here to send their little raps to the morgue, and I’m about to raise under the floor…” Tied together with an anthemic chorus by Tynisha Keli, the singer who brought us Defeated way back in December ‘07, this ambitious jam is proof positive that this up-and-comer’s locked, loaded, and ready to get his shine. If you like what you’re hearing, keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest news and tunes leading up to the early 2010 release of Jay’s new mixtape, Countdown to Takeoff.
Written by richard on 11/24/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.