Mirror, mirror on the wall, who’s the most ratchet of them all? Since I don’t actually have a magic mirror, I’ll answer my own question: it’s Booth newcomer Jay Ant. For proof, simply listen to new mixtape single Curley Shirley, which finds the Richmond native dropping self-confident rhymes over his own swanky, sampled boardwork. Complete with guest bars by IAMSU!, this is just one of many quality cuts to be found on Jay’s (entirely self-produced) #IAMMOSTRATCHET street album, released to the ‘net Oct. 18.
Written by richard on 11/3/11
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.