Mirror, mirror on the wall, who’s the most ratchet of them all? Since I don’t actually have a magic mirror, I’ll answer my own question: it’s Booth newcomer Jay Ant. For proof, simply listen to new mixtape single Curley Shirley, which finds the Richmond native dropping self-confident rhymes over his own swanky, sampled boardwork. Complete with guest bars by IAMSU!, this is just one of many quality cuts to be found on Jay’s (entirely self-produced) #IAMMOSTRATCHET street album, released to the ‘net Oct. 18.
Written by richard on 11/3/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.