Nearly a decade and a half after Y2K, JAWN Life is still in a pre-millennial state of mind. On his latest single and debut DJBooth feature, the up-and-coming rhymesayer links up with fellow 90s Babies and The JAWNS members Moolah Manz and DottieO to pay tribute to the era that made them the artists they are today. A classic industry beat by DJ Premier backs the collaborators as they chronicle their paper chase in bars liberally laced with 1990s pop-culture references (even Blanka from Street Fighter gets a shout-out). This throiwback banger is just one of many quality cuts to be found on JAWN’s Pay Homage mixtape, set to drop digitally March 26.
Written by richard on 03/14/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.