When I saw the title of Javier Starks’ latest, War Cry, I figured it was just a figure of speech, not an actual call to arms. However, after listening, I am fairly certain that the DMV emcee is actually ready for war. On this potent effort Starks chooses an explosive beat from NativeXclusive, which is driven by a sample of what sounds like a Native American battle cry, perfect for waging war against fake rappers, politicians, and pretty much anyone who has ticked off or upset Starks. With an energetic and angry yet effervescent flow, Starks drops some serious knowledge, covering topics such as the slave trade and what “they” (the man, so to speak) do to keep the powerless under their control. War Cry, the artist’s second Booth feature, is slotted to appear on forthcoming album, Radio Ready, set for a spring release.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/20/13
House Studio DC
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)