When I saw the title of Javier Starks’ latest, War Cry, I figured it was just a figure of speech, not an actual call to arms. However, after listening, I am fairly certain that the DMV emcee is actually ready for war. On this potent effort Starks chooses an explosive beat from NativeXclusive, which is driven by a sample of what sounds like a Native American battle cry, perfect for waging war against fake rappers, politicians, and pretty much anyone who has ticked off or upset Starks. With an energetic and angry yet effervescent flow, Starks drops some serious knowledge, covering topics such as the slave trade and what “they” (the man, so to speak) do to keep the powerless under their control. War Cry, the artist’s second Booth feature, is slotted to appear on forthcoming album, Radio Ready, set for a spring release.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/20/13
Submit your Rating
House Studio DC
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.