When I saw the title of Javier Starks’ latest, War Cry, I figured it was just a figure of speech, not an actual call to arms. However, after listening, I am fairly certain that the DMV emcee is actually ready for war. On this potent effort Starks chooses an explosive beat from NativeXclusive, which is driven by a sample of what sounds like a Native American battle cry, perfect for waging war against fake rappers, politicians, and pretty much anyone who has ticked off or upset Starks. With an energetic and angry yet effervescent flow, Starks drops some serious knowledge, covering topics such as the slave trade and what “they” (the man, so to speak) do to keep the powerless under their control. War Cry, the artist’s second Booth feature, is slotted to appear on forthcoming album, Radio Ready, set for a spring release.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/20/13
Submit your Rating
House Studio DC
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.