When I saw the title of Javier Starks’ latest, War Cry, I figured it was just a figure of speech, not an actual call to arms. However, after listening, I am fairly certain that the DMV emcee is actually ready for war. On this potent effort Starks chooses an explosive beat from NativeXclusive, which is driven by a sample of what sounds like a Native American battle cry, perfect for waging war against fake rappers, politicians, and pretty much anyone who has ticked off or upset Starks. With an energetic and angry yet effervescent flow, Starks drops some serious knowledge, covering topics such as the slave trade and what “they” (the man, so to speak) do to keep the powerless under their control. War Cry, the artist’s second Booth feature, is slotted to appear on forthcoming album, Radio Ready, set for a spring release.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/20/13
House Studio DC
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.