It’s unlikely that Javier Starks will run into any haters on his first foray into The DJBooth but, just in case there are any lurking in the shadows, the D.C. repper’s preemptively commands them to Fall Back on this freshly-released cut. An album inclusion which just received a colorful video accompaniment courtesy of director Simon Kim, the cut finds Chris of the Mambo Sauce Band servnig up a brassy, syncopated street instrumental as Starks lyrically pummels the competition. Fellow DMV flame-spitters RAtheMC and Phil Adé assist on the guest tip, the former sending me running to the dictionary with the line, “Got your girl wetter than an estuary.” Recorded at DC House Studio, Starks’ Faces of Change tape is available online as of this past January. Keep it locked for further details on Adé‘s forthcoming project, R.O.S.E. (Result of Society’s Evil).
Written by richard on 10/25/12
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.