It’s unlikely that Javier Starks will run into any haters on his first foray into The DJBooth but, just in case there are any lurking in the shadows, the D.C. repper’s preemptively commands them to Fall Back on this freshly-released cut. An album inclusion which just received a colorful video accompaniment courtesy of director Simon Kim, the cut finds Chris of the Mambo Sauce Band servnig up a brassy, syncopated street instrumental as Starks lyrically pummels the competition. Fellow DMV flame-spitters RAtheMC and Phil Adé assist on the guest tip, the former sending me running to the dictionary with the line, “Got your girl wetter than an estuary.” Recorded at DC House Studio, Starks’ Faces of Change tape is available online as of this past January. Keep it locked for further details on Adé‘s forthcoming project, R.O.S.E. (Result of Society’s Evil).
Written by richard on 10/25/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.