It’s unlikely that Javier Starks will run into any haters on his first foray into The DJBooth but, just in case there are any lurking in the shadows, the D.C. repper’s preemptively commands them to Fall Back on this freshly-released cut. An album inclusion which just received a colorful video accompaniment courtesy of director Simon Kim, the cut finds Chris of the Mambo Sauce Band servnig up a brassy, syncopated street instrumental as Starks lyrically pummels the competition. Fellow DMV flame-spitters RAtheMC and Phil Adé assist on the guest tip, the former sending me running to the dictionary with the line, “Got your girl wetter than an estuary.” Recorded at DC House Studio, Starks’ Faces of Change tape is available online as of this past January. Keep it locked for further details on Adé‘s forthcoming project, R.O.S.E. (Result of Society’s Evil).
Written by richard on 10/25/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.