Half R&B singer… half aircraft … he’s Jason Jetplane! Now, I know you’re thinking: at 140 or so dB, wouldn’t the noise of a jet engine drown out the Booth newcomer’s million-dollar voice, thus rendering him the most ineffective Superhero ever conceived? You might expect that to be the case, but… f**k, back to the drawing board. Fortunately, my lack of foresight should have absolutely no bearing on your enjoyment of the unsigned (and, as far as I know, one-hundred percent human) singer’s latest single which finds him styling himself after a more conventional comic-book hero. Over his and DGF Music Group‘s production, which builds from a delicate, piano-led verse to a simmering synth chorus, the artist asks the powers that be to, “put an ‘S’ on my chest…make me invincible,” so he can swoop in and save the woman he loves—or is it the music game he’s looking to rescue? Either way, his will to succeed seems ironclad. Blackbox Vol. Love isn’t set for release till late spring/early summer, but those digging this valiant selection can click here to peep the official visuals, directed by Spitty and Rez.
Written by richard on 04/17/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.