Another election has ended in the good ol’ U-S of A, and regardless of which candidate you were pulling for, I think we’re all sick of the mudslinging, punditry and overall asinine behavior that presidential elections (any election, really) seem to bring. So get into this rousing lyrical movement (and DJBooth world premiere) from Jason James and blow off some steam. Built around producer Rodney Hazard‘s thumping bass, brooding synths and low ambient screeches, James gives us a healthy dose of somber reality to keep us idealists in check. It’s not fully anti-establishment, but it’s far from Grand Old Flag, and just what we need to stay balanced during these electric times. If you dig this, keep an eye out for DJBooth’s release of Jason James and Rodney Hazard’s album of the same name, out now.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Jason James’ Benjamin Arce-directed This Is My Rifle visuals.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 03/5/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love at the Speed of Light (Kolt 13 Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.