Another election has ended in the good ol’ U-S of A, and regardless of which candidate you were pulling for, I think we’re all sick of the mudslinging, punditry and overall asinine behavior that presidential elections (any election, really) seem to bring. So get into this rousing lyrical movement (and DJBooth world premiere) from Jason James and blow off some steam. Built around producer Rodney Hazard‘s thumping bass, brooding synths and low ambient screeches, James gives us a healthy dose of somber reality to keep us idealists in check. It’s not fully anti-establishment, but it’s far from Grand Old Flag, and just what we need to stay balanced during these electric times. If you dig this, keep an eye out for DJBooth’s release of Jason James and Rodney Hazard’s album of the same name, out now.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Jason James’ Benjamin Arce-directed This Is My Rifle visuals.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love at the Speed of Light (Kolt 13 Remix)" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.