Another election has ended in the good ol’ U-S of A, and regardless of which candidate you were pulling for, I think we’re all sick of the mudslinging, punditry and overall asinine behavior that presidential elections (any election, really) seem to bring. So get into this rousing lyrical movement (and DJBooth world premiere) from Jason James and blow off some steam. Built around producer Rodney Hazard‘s thumping bass, brooding synths and low ambient screeches, James gives us a healthy dose of somber reality to keep us idealists in check. It’s not fully anti-establishment, but it’s far from Grand Old Flag, and just what we need to stay balanced during these electric times. If you dig this, keep an eye out for DJBooth’s release of Jason James and Rodney Hazard’s album of the same name, out now.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Jason James’ Benjamin Arce-directed This Is My Rifle visuals.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 03/5/13
Vancouver-based rhymesayer Jason James and production partner Rodney Hazard have unleashed their latest collaborative opus, Pyramids in Stereo. The follow-to the DJBooth/RefinedHype-presented Marvelous World of Color, the...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love at the Speed of Light (Kolt 13 Remix)" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.